NOVA has so far served as the “translation solution partner” of many EU-funded projects in Turkey. Known as “Twinning” projects, these projects are typically implemented in collaboration with the relevant Ministries. For European Union candidate states, twinning projects are important instruments for the establishment of institutional organizations similar to those in EU states.
The technical aids provided by the European Commission aimed at strengthening institutional organization include short-term TAIEX programs which are typically limited to two weeks, and Twinning programs where the duration of TAIEX programs is not sufficient for institutional organization efforts.
The Twinning mechanism is based on the personal visits of experts of the government agencies and organizations of the member states to the candidate states and their working on a project aimed at the implementation of the acquis communautaire at the relevant agency for the realization of the required institutional organization in the process of implementation of the EU mechanism adopted by the candidate states. Although technical aids within the frame of the Twinning system can encompass a period of up to two years, this period is determined based on the specific needs of the candidate state.
So far, we have provided translation services for the following EU projects:
- Project for the Development of the Turkish Seed Sector and its Harmonization with the EU Requirements – Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs
- Improvement of Workplace Health and Safety in Turkey – MLSS
- Improvement of Regional Workplace Health and Safety Laboratories in Turkey – MLSS
- Project for the Improvement of İŞGÜM Test laboratory – MLSS
- Improvement of the Vocational Qualifications Authority and National Qualifications System in Turkey – VQA – WYG
- 7th Framework Program and 8th Framework Program – TÜBİTAK
- Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control Project (IPPC/EED) – Ministry of Environment and Forestry
- Turkey and EU Civil Society Dialogue Project – WYG
- Project for the Strengthening of Public Financial Administration and Control System in Turkey – SGB – Ministry of Finance